Friday, November 04, 2005

To be gay or not to be gay?

Well it has been ages for one reason or another. But I have a few things to rant about. First on the list is homophobia.

Now luckily I've never been faced with any overt homophobia. And I prey that this continues. That being said though I am very sensitive when I stumble across it else where, like this gem of a website.

At first, I do have to admit, I found this rather amusing. But the more I read of the content the more I realised that this was totally serious, and not a joke as I'd first assumed. That they were actually selling this drug to 'de-gay' men.

In a way the thing that upsets me most about this entire site and its message is not its rampant prejudice, after all I'm very aware of small mindedness the world over, but the way the makers of this drug are using medicine to make homophobia ok.

But more importantly there will be people out there who truly believe the rhetoric that these people and hate themselves so much, that they will fill their bodies with a drug that will no doubt to little more that perpetrate their self loathing.

However it is important to remember I guess that the views of the makers of Hetracil are only one of the many different views out there. After all these people in Denmark obviously think it is great to be gay!

Well that is today’s rant. Look back soon for more on the New Zealand election and why love sucks.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

well there you go. Happy to be proven wrong on this count!